Sunday, January 18, 2009

This and That

Not much happening in the craft and sewing world here. It has been basketball practice, basketball scrimmage, basketball games. I did do a little thrifting before a basketball scrimmage. I found this wonderful milk glass vase for my collection! Yeah! I don't have one like this and my heart went thumpty....thump.....thump when I saw it. A lot of excitement for mere price of $1.99.

Beautiful! I have been searching for one of these for a long time! I also found a package of fabric for .99. The little pink rose fabric was on top of the package and I loved it! It didn't matter what else was in there, I needed the pink rose fabric for a quilt I want to make!


It's hard to tell in the photo, but the fabric has a white background with tiny pink roses.




It was hard to tell how much there was in the package. When I got home and opened it up there was at least a 1/2 yard of five different fabrics. The rose fabric, ladybug fabric, lime green linen fabric, cute duck fabric and white linen fabric. I had no idea what I would do with the rest of it.

Jessie is taking voice lessons this semester and she came home from her first session with a note from the teacher saying she needed one of these:

I didn't want her just throwing it in her bag and getting it all scratched up, so I took my camera case/mini wallet pattern and made it a little larger. I had a use for the ladybug fabric! (I could actually make about 20 more with this fabric.)


It is big enough to hold the recorder and a couple of tapes. See it is a good thing I bought that fabric!!

Hopefully I will be back soon with more projects to post!

1 comment:

nikkicrumpet said...

Isn't cool that something that only costs a couple bucks can make your heart beat faster! And I am so impressed that you can just whip up such a cute case!!! It must be nice to have that much talent!