Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's a Bird Feeder!

Remember my last post??? It's been so long, and I have been busy! Those china pieces I showed you created two super cute bird feeders! I actually saw this posted in a craft magazine years and years ago and recently saw them appear in blogland! It jogged my memory about wanting to make one for about TWENTY years! So, not wanting to waste another twenty years without one, I got right on it!

I made two of these adorable bird feeders, spurred on by the fact we have a bird nest on our covered back porch with little baby birds and more birds live in the bush behind the bird feeder!


This was a free $$$ project for me except for the copper caps I purchased for the copper tubing. I had everything else. Most people use a tea cup saucer for the bird seed, but I like the bowls to keep the seed in better. You fill up the cup with water for the birds. Perfect except.................................it's been a week and I have not seen one bird getting seed from them! I am giving them another week and then I am buying a fake bird and setting it on the edge. Just for my own satisfaction!

I have also been busy making the pennant banners for our western/cowboy themed party during 4th of July.

I have them all sewn, I just have to add the ties at the end.

Be back soon!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I have to make one of these. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

What in the world is wrong with those birds? That is the cutest bird feeder I've ever seen. Very fancy. Maybe there's a cat hangin' out while you're not looking?

Pennant banners are cute too. How many people do you have coming to this big shindig?

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

I love that bird feeder