Friday, December 18, 2009

New Hot Pads

In the middle of the holiday rush, I decided to make some new hot pads. I love round hotpads as they don't seem to get in the way (fall into the food) as much. I have been doing a lot of cooking and baking for the holiday season, so this was important to me!

I chose from the stash and found the red polka dot material and red extra wide bias tape.

Looks great, except for..........................



the extra wide bias tape was too wide! It didn't set right on the backside! So I did what any self respecting seamstress would do, if this item was for themselves. I pulled out the glue! Nope no seam ripper tonight!

The fantastic OK to Wash-It glue! I just glued the backside of the bias tape down! Works like magic! Now that bias tape sets flat and doesn't bug me when I am using them! I did wash them to remove the washable marker lines.

Here they are in use...........

making my Mom's famous Chocolate Marshmallow fudge!

I can't believe I waited so long to make these! They are so quick! Jessie does think they look a little bit like pizza though.

Be back soon!

3 comments:

ANIB said...

I LOVE those pot holders- very classic and cute!

I have noticed that Jay always has interesting comments on your items- they do look like pizza!

Brenda said...

Fudge sounds good. I am so bad with the binding. I've done many like that. I love it.

Unknown said...

Cute! Round is good. & I love that you used white thread. The contrast is so perfect. If you have more time :), you could make some for Christmas that look like peppermint candy. How perfect would that be? Your fudge looks yummy too. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!