Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Snow Day and Pioneer Woman's "Jalapeno Thingies"

We had a snow day today. When I woke up there wasn't any snow at all. It finally started falling at about 8:00 in the morning. I decided to stay home from work, even though Hubby was going. I spent most of my day cooking and not cleaning out Jessie's closet (avoidance behavior). I made a pineapple upside down cake for Hubby and a pan of walnut brownies.

Then for the big football game tonight I did the prep work for Pioneer Woman's "Jalapeno Thingies". They are fantastic if you haven't tried this recipe, you need to! I usually make half of them with cream cheese and half with cheddar cheese. I didn't have the cheddar cheese so they were all made with cream cheese.


Time consuming, but so worth the effort! I was out of disposable gloves and touched my eye hours after cutting and cleaning the jalapenos and I still think it was worth it! Man that hurt!

We have another snow day tomorrow. School is out. Here is a picture of what Jessie did playing in the snow today.


Look at all that snow!!! I can't believe we got all excited about that little bit! I also can't believe school is canceled tomorrow and Son #2 will miss another day of substitute teaching pay for this!! I may change my mind after I try driving on this tomorrow! If I try driving on this tomorrow!

Be back soon!

No comments: