Sunday, August 8, 2010

Preparing for Mom & Sister's Weekend

I will be hosting Mom & Sister's Weekend this year. It is from October 7th thru October 11th. I was working on the menu for the long weekend. I was going to have "Soup Night" - Beer Cheese and Broccoli Cheese soup (can you tell I LOVE cheese?) I decided to test a recipe for bread bowls that I have had for years!

It's supposed to be so simple to take frozen bread dough and create the bowls. Well they didn't turn out exactly round and they were way too small! I guess I will have to try again! Darn! I will be forced to eat the samples again! Maybe I need to make the soup too!

Be back soon!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Yum! I think they look delicious. I'm on a diet so small is good.. and because I'm on a diet I'm starving to death.. so it wouldn't bother me at all if they weren't perfectly round. I think you did good!

Anonymous said...

Questions: When you are doing your bread bowls are you cutting a single loaf only into thirds? Are you cutting them when they are just thawed enough to cut or are you waiting until they are totally thawed? If you are waiting until they are totally thawed then that is part of your problem; they have started their rise and you punched them down. It took me a couple of times since the bread I normally use is from scratch and I let it rise twice. P.S. I found your blog looking at ideas for decorating with Halloween fabric.