Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trash Room Treasure

Every floor in our office building has a trash room. Hubby and I were taking a few bags over and what did I spy sitting on the floor next to the bin???

Hubby told me not to take it! "It's UGLY!" he said.

Nothing a little spray paint over the weekend couldn't cure!



Perfect for holding some of my shabby fabrics! Actually, I am debating whether I should give it a whitewash or do some distressing, or both. It just looks too bright.

And just to let you know, this is not the first time I have confiscated trash from the trash room!

Did you see those vintage patterns next to it? I found the "mother load" of them at the thrift store last week! I was so excited! I just love looking at them!


Be back soon!


1 comment:

Renee said...

UGG! Again, you're killing me with your finds.. I'm now officially green. I absolutely love what you've done to that 'trash' tin... it's way too cute.. and finding vintage patterns.. you surely must live in heaven.. minus all that rain, of course. Stay dry!!