Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Crafting


I have been busy with Christmas shopping and decorating, but I did do some crafty things. I created this Christmas wreath for our half bath. Not the best job in the world, but it adds the holiday feel to the room. The poinsettia leaves are pale pink and have glitter on them. I wound a white glittery garland around the leaves. I don't think you can tell, but the ribbon has polka dots(love polka dots) and an iridescent wire edge. I secured it to the wall with a piece of ribbon and a beautiful rhinestone button that my Mom bought me. The camera can't capture the sparkly, I know it can't possible be the photographer!! See that pretty button! I collect these. I love rhinestone buttons! I hunt them down in thrift stores!


I finished up the black frames I had been painting. This idea has been all over the internet and I decided to be a copycat! I put some scrapbook paper in the frames and then on top of the glass I glued some metal signs that I found on clearance at Michael's. I am going to put these in the hallway by the boy's bathroom. I really like the way they turned out.

I will get a better picture once I have them hung up. Hubby has to add the picture hangers!

Gotta start wrapping!

One last thought! Jessie has gotten me into "Gilmore Girls". I remember Amber watching them when they were new, and she was obsessed with them! I am now obsessed with them! Hubby bought me season 1 and 2 for my birthday this year. I just now found out they are only $15.00 for a season at Walmart. I thought they were more like $40 - $50 for a season. I would have given season 3,4,5,6, and 7 out on my Christmas Wish List! Bummer! Well at least my Birthday is in March!

No comments: