Friday, December 12, 2008

Devil Dress Makeover Completed




Remember this Devil dress? Well I am finished with my makeover! She actually wore it to the dance tonight. I think it turned out good. Here it is:


You can't see it very well but there is a little bit of tulle showing at the hemline. A close up of the sequined top:



It was fairly simple to do. The hardest part was finding the old pattern pieces to create the new pattern, and adding the tulle to the lining. Jessie didn't like standing still. The new bottom part of the dress is made from a Faux Dupioni Silk fabric.

Last year I had purchased a Faux Dupioni Silk tablecloth from Walmart. Love this tablecloth! But I knew I wanted to be on the steps of Walmart for the 75% off sale the day after Christmas to get more of this - for my fabric stash. I actually had planned on making a skirt or dress for me, for this Christmas but that didn't happen. I purchased 3 of the largest tablecloths they had for $3.00 a piece. I am so glad I did! This year the color they have is more of a burgundy. Just love this red! The only thing I had to buy was the tulle for the bottom of the dress.

Here is a picture of Jessie and some friends before they headed out to the dance. Aren't they cute!


Now I have to get this house decorated for Christmas!

No comments: