Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This One Is For Amber & Jacob

Dear Daughter and Son In Law:

I just thought you might want to see how your pets are doing. Since you have moved to Washington DC, I have not received one request for pictures of your beloved pets. They are doing well!..............and entertaining too!

You pretended to give them to your little sister, (as a little vacation souvenir) from Florida, but I know the real reason! Washington DC probably prohibits the sale of these little buddies! Just like the state of Tennessee!

Therefore I have was forced to invest in rubber gloves - due to the contamination of whatever disease these little creatures may carry! They are cute as buttons and I love to watch them swim about but..............Jessie keeps them in her room.....................and I need to remember to have her clean their cage and feed them and I think their home needs a little remodeling! Probably a larger tank, more rocks, a little plantlife (faux of course)........

It's not fair! I tried to ignore them! Pretend they weren't even in the house! Now I have grown attached to them! You knew this would happen!
By the way, I have changed their names to Ricky and Fred. Fred is on the right.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

The Wife said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm going to have to try some of your recipes they look amazing.

ANIB said...

OKAY- THEIR NAMES ARE J.D. AND TURK which is way better than you and Irv's habit of naming animals after super alpha male names- George, Charlie, Ricky, Fred, etc.

Tis, tis, tis.