Sunday, May 2, 2010

This, That and The Other........

I have been super busy since tax season ended!!! Volleyball running around for Jessie (it's finally over!), trying to regain some strength after tax season and get my house in shape so I am not embarrassed when someone comes over! I feel like I am running one long, long marathon! And I really really really hate to run!!

I added some straps to my niece's prom dress and made a little bolero jacket for her to wear with it! The straps really made the dress! I wish I had a picture to show you! I finished the jacket at about 2:00 a.m. and they were leaving the next morning for her boyfriend's senior prom in Missouri. Talk about running it down to the wire!!!

In the middle of everything Jessie made her confirmation. Here is a picture of her with her sponsor, Chase.

and one of her and her friend Bridgette.

I bought some saddle shoes from Payless shoes online store. Actually, I was forced to! There was a coupon on the back of my Kroger grocery receipt! I am preparing for my sister and brother-in-laws annual Riverunion (an extended weekend during 4th of July weekend) and we will have a 50's party on one night. Last year it was a pirate themed party!


(These shoes run small so you need to order a size larger than you normally wear)

But they are Soooo comfy! I decided that they would look great with jeans and I could get more use out of them than just one party!
So I have been wearing the heck out of them!

Even Max likes them! Seriously though, I have been stopped a lot by people loving my shoes and thinking they look terrific! I will have to get onto that poodle skirt soon!

What is this????

Jessie said this was from a Science experiment they did and now her teacher wants then to decorate them or make something out of them! (I guess they are trying to teach them to think out of the box and to learn to recycle.) I can't wait to see what she comes up with! In the meantime, I hate them sitting on my kitchen counter! I hope they are due soon!

I am supposed to be at a shower for Son #1 and his fiance today in Chattanooga, but due to flooding and the closing of interstates and roads here in Nashville, I wasn't able to go! (boo hoo) The main road leading to our subdivision was closed just past our entrance due to Sycamore creek flooding! I have been glued to the t.v. all day long! Things look awful! Thank you Lord for keeping us all safe and sound!

Be back soon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're busy even when you're not busy. Always something going on in your house! I think I'd be pushing Jessie to get that stuff off my countertop too. Yuck! And you're right, very cute shoes! Are you a good dancer? Would love to see a video :)
I've been thinking about you with all this flooding.. I'm glad to hear you and your family are fine. I hope there was no property damage either.