Thursday, October 15, 2009

Detectives Costume

I am working on the Young Detectives Costume for my daughter Amber. It of course will be for a not so young person.LOL!!! This is in the Martha Stewart Halloween magazine. I found some hats at Walmart marked down to $1.00 for two. Unfortunately they were white. I bathed them in Rit Dye and that is the beginning of the hat.

The beginnings of the hat. This looks like a pretty simple costume. I hope to be through by the weekend, and in the mail it will go!

Looking better, but I need to take my steamer to them. That's what I get for leaving them in the dryer too long!

Hopefully it will end up looking something like this:

Here's another picture:

Ohh................She wants one for her dog Matlock too!

Be back soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is going to be so adorable. I can't wait to see it. Your daughter is going to look absolutely perfect in this. Don't forget to take pics!! Of the dog too.

ANIB said...

I CAN'T WAIT!! I'M SOOO EXCITED!! (Husband is not so excited, I think he thinks I am never going to take it off! Which he has reason to be scared, cause I might not, lol.) Matlock is excited too!!